Welcome to the SpeedRead archive

You have reached the SpeedRead archive. To the right, you can look up all posts from 2008 to July, 2014.If you have come here looking for the SpeedRead website, it has moved to speedread.us

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fate plays its hand June 3

Max Mosley will learn his fate June 3 when the FIA will take a vote of confidence at a special session.

Mosley, who called the meeting, is facing increased pressure to resign. His latest four-year term expires October 2009.

Mosley suffered a blow today as his court action to prevent future use of The News of the World video was rejected.

Mosley plans to pursue further legal action against the tabloid, seeking unlimited damages, and has promised all monies will be donated to the FIA charitable wing.

A month-and-a-half is a long time to twist in the wind...

One ex-F1 personality who is getting a kick out of the Mosley situation is Juan Pablo Montoya.

In an Associated Press Q&A, Montoya said that once he got over the initial shock, he found humor in the scandal, calling it a ‘laughing matter,’ and Mosley ‘Just an old guy trying to have some fun.’

When pressed, JPM said while he holds an opinion on the matter, he was withholding comment.

Well, sort of, except for that laughing and old guy stuff...

Renault promises Alonso more for Barcelona, and don't call me Shirley

Renault is promising a better car for Fernando Alonso by his home race, where it will introduce a new aero package.

Alonso has spent the better part of the first three rounds tooling around in the midfield, and rumors are running rampant that the Spaniard will be jumping ship at the end of the season.

Renault have not won a race since 2006. Alonso has managed just six points so far this season.

It might not matter. Dietrich Mateschitz hinted Red Bull could have had Alonso for '08, but that the double world champion was only available for one season. Mateschitz's comment feeds speculation that Alonso has a contract in place for 2009.

Hmm... who could it be... ?

Not Ferrari, surely?

F1's South Africa return on the ropes?

A Formula One return to South Africa hangs in the balance due to a lack of support from the local government, according to comments made by Simon Grindrod, leader of the Cape Town caucus, in Cape Business News.

Grindrod claims the indecision is leading to frustrated investors who will soon abandon the project without a commitment from the government. Don't miss the top stories of the day, subscribe to the SpeedRead Web newspaper now! -- Email SpeedRead -- Learn more about author C.D. Six

Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Original content copyright © 2008-2014 C.D. Six. All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use original content or images without the author's permission.