Welcome to the SpeedRead archive

You have reached the SpeedRead archive. To the right, you can look up all posts from 2008 to July, 2014.If you have come here looking for the SpeedRead website, it has moved to speedread.us

Monday, August 25, 2008

Massa and Sutil - Who’s to blame?

Felipe Massa steadfastly maintains Adrian Sutil should have given way when the pair were side by side in the pitlane.

“I think it wasn’t very clever from his side as even if he went out in front of me he needed to let me by,” Massa said in the post-race press conference. “It was a shame to fight with him in the pit lane as we were very close and I needed to back off and I lost a lot of time but fortunately the gap was enough.

“Because I stopped behind him in the pit stop and we leave together. When he was passing me by I was leaving the garage, so we were side-by-side. But I was the leader and he was lapping,” he continued.


For his part, Sutil downplayed the event.

“I didn't see him I was driving down the pit lane and suddenly the car was there and I had to go left to avoid him," Sutil said. "Obviously I tried to let him past as soon as I could after the pit lane. Everyone is in such a rush in the pits and we've seen cars side by side in the pits many time.” he is quoted on GPUpdate.net.

And in Sutil’s defense, he didn’t release Massa from the pit stall.

Regardless, it came as no surprise when the graphic popped up announcing an investigation was taking place, and once told no action would be taken during the race, chances were good Massa would not lose his victory.

Seems more than a few have taken issue with that decision, however, and ITV has responded by opening it up the reader comment.

Is it “another” example of pro-Ferrari bias? The precedent was there to penalize Massa in the race. Was a severe reprimand and 10,000 euro fine too little? Should it have cost him his race win? Don't miss the top stories of the day, subscribe to the SpeedRead Web newspaper now! -- Email SpeedRead -- Learn more about author C.D. Six

Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Original content copyright © 2008-2014 C.D. Six. All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use original content or images without the author's permission.