Welcome to the SpeedRead archive

You have reached the SpeedRead archive. To the right, you can look up all posts from 2008 to July, 2014.If you have come here looking for the SpeedRead website, it has moved to speedread.us

Friday, January 16, 2009

McLaren breaks out 2009 challenger

McLaren lifted the cover on its 2009 challenger, the MP4-24, today at the team’s Technology Centre in Woking.


McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 Launch



“It is actually the first time I have seen car and think it looks beautiful,” ITV quotes champion Lewis Hamilton. “The team always manages to put together a stunning car.”


The Briton will again be joined by Heikki Kovalainen behind the wheel this season. The Finn will be looking to improve on what was a challenging 2008 campaign.

“Overall I learnt a lot last year, there are lot of positives which can take into this year,” ITV reports Kovalainen said. “As soon as year was finished I started to work towards this season to prepare better. I know everybody here now it and it is a much more stable place to start the season. I am looking forward to the season and hopefully we can have better year and myself as well.”


Ron Dennis also took the opportunity to announce he was giving up the Team Principal role, handing over to Martin Whitmarsh. Dennis will remain chairman and CEO of the McLaren Group.

“It is absolutely time for Martin to take over the job of team principal and as of the 1st of March, Martin will have that responsibility,” ITV quotes Dennis. “I will still be going to races, not all of them, because I’m still passionate about Formula 1... But it is time to hand over and I have to say it is absolutely 100% my decision, it’s what I want to do.”
Don't miss the top stories of the day, subscribe to the SpeedRead Web newspaper now! -- Email SpeedRead -- Learn more about author C.D. Six

Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Original content copyright © 2008-2014 C.D. Six. All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use original content or images without the author's permission.