Welcome to the SpeedRead archive

You have reached the SpeedRead archive. To the right, you can look up all posts from 2008 to July, 2014.If you have come here looking for the SpeedRead website, it has moved to speedread.us

Friday, July 17, 2009

Bourdais' reaction

Sebastien Bourdais is obviously not happy he no longer has a drive with Toro Rosso, and is threatening legal action against the team.

F1 Grand Prix of Turkey - Practice


"I am very disappointed and shocked by the decision taken by Scuderia Toro Rosso of not allowing me to drive for the Team until the end of the current season," the Frenchman said in a statement on his Web site. "I consider that, in doing so, Scuderia Toro Rosso has breached its contractual duties towards me; also I believe that nothing in my behavior would legitimate a decision of the Team to terminate the contract. I think that the Team’s decision is in clear violation of Scuderia Toro Rosso’s obligations under the agreement. I have instructed my lawyers to review the situation including the possibility of issuing legal proceedings."


Bourdais was particularly disappointed he was fired before receiving the update package he was due to get in Hungary, a version of the update Red Bull had seen significant improvement from at Silverstone.

"I am convinced that if I was given the chance to race with such new package I would have had the opportunity to achieve satisfactory results," he said.


Joe Saward's blog shares a story from GP+ analyzing the strange case of Sebastien Bourdais: Au revoir (or not) Sebastien

Chandhok rules out run for the presidency

Former India motorsports chief Vicky Chandhok will not run for the FIA presidency, AUTOSPORT reports.

"I have no interest in getting involved in a big election battle with Ari Vatanen and Jean Todt, so I would like to clarify once and for all that I shall not be throwing my hat into the ring this time," Chandhok is quoted.


Don't miss the top stories of the day, subscribe to the SpeedRead Web newspaper now! -- Email SpeedRead -- Learn more about author C.D. Six

Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Original content copyright © 2008-2014 C.D. Six. All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use original content or images without the author's permission.