Welcome to the SpeedRead archive

You have reached the SpeedRead archive. To the right, you can look up all posts from 2008 to July, 2014.If you have come here looking for the SpeedRead website, it has moved to speedread.us

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Schumacher ends comeback

Claims neck pain, Badoer in for Massa

Michael Schumacher has scrapped plans to sub for the injured Felipe Massa due to a neck injury suffered earlier this year.

Schumacher made the announcement in a statement released on his Web site.

"Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and Team Principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe... Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible.”

Schumacher said the results of medical examinations over the past two weeks showed his neck was not yet able to stand the forces caused by an F1 car.

Ferrari F1 Launch


In the wake of that announcement, Ferrari said test driver Luca Badoer would take his place in a brief statement from di Montezemolo on the team Web site.

"I am very unhappy that a problem means that Michael cannot return to racing... I wish to thank him for the strong attachment he displayed for the team in these circumstances. In agreement with Stefano Domenicali, we have therefore decided to give Luca Badoer the chance to race for the Scuderia after he has put in so many years of hard work as a test driver."

The 38-year-old Badoer has been with Ferrari since 1998. He last raced in a Minardi a decade ago.

Grosjean in for Piquet

AUTOSPORT reports Romain Grosjean has already been to Enstone for a fitting and performed straight-line testing, and is set to race in the European Grand Prix should Renault win its appeal of its one-race ban.

Renault has made no official statement pending the results of the appeal, slated for Monday, but Nelson Piquet made it quite clear he has been informed he is no longer with the team.

Were the ban upheld, Grosjean would likely continue his GP2 campaign, where he currently lies second to Nico Hulkenberg.

---

SpeedRead's on Facebook - Become a fan!
Don't miss the top stories of the day, subscribe to the SpeedRead Web newspaper now! -- Email SpeedRead -- Learn more about author C.D. Six

Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Original content copyright © 2008-2014 C.D. Six. All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use original content or images without the author's permission.