Welcome to the SpeedRead archive

You have reached the SpeedRead archive. To the right, you can look up all posts from 2008 to July, 2014.If you have come here looking for the SpeedRead website, it has moved to speedread.us

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Court rejects team selection claims

N.Technology's case against the FIA regarding team selection for the 2010 season has been rejected by a French court.

N.Technology was one of the teams passed over for one of the three new slots on the grid, and argued there were irregularities in the process. Often noted -- all the new entries chose to use Cosworth power.

Campos Meta, US F1 and Manor Grand Prix were selected, with Lotus also gaining entry after BMW Sauber missed the Concorde Agreement deadline (by that time, N.Technology withdrawn its application).

The official verdict will be made public later this week.

Buemi stays at STR

Sebastien Buemi will get a second season at Toro Rosso.

F1 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Qualifying


A team spokesman confirmed to the BBC the Swiss driver has been signed for 2010 after Buemi himself revealed the deal Sunday.

"We have re-signed Buemi for next season, but we have not yet signed Jaime."


Buemi notched eight points for 16th in the championship.

"I had some contact with other teams because of my good results at the end of the season," Buemi told Swiss television. "Toyota could have been a possibility because they had not yet hired any drivers. That was not the only one, and anyway I was always talking with Red Bull. Finally I signed with Toro Rosso for 2010."


Alguersuari is expected to be retained, if quotes by team boss Franz Tost are to be believed.

"Dietrich Mateschitz bought this team to give young drivers a chance, and this is our philosophy," Tost is quoted by the BBC. "We have to stick to this philosophy, and I'm quite confident that from the middle of next year onwards we will have a good driver line-up, because then Alguersuari will know all the tracks, and Buemi is increasing his performance already. The last few races were quite good. Alguersuari is also improving his performance, and so far I'm quite optimistic about the future."


NASCAR and F1

Jarno Trulli has a test coming up with Michael Waltrip Racing.

The Italian says the test is just for fun, but the team is taking the test seriously. Steve Hallam, ex-McLaren and director of competition for the NASCAR squad, believes Trulli or Mika Salo could very easily be successful in the series, comparing them to Juan Pablo Montoya.

Montoya is currently running sixth in the Chase for the Cup, his best season since moving to the series.

Trulli will run November 16-17 at New Smyrna Speedway in Florida. Don't miss the top stories of the day, subscribe to the SpeedRead Web newspaper now! -- Email SpeedRead -- Learn more about author C.D. Six

Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Original content copyright © 2008-2014 C.D. Six. All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use original content or images without the author's permission.