Welcome to the SpeedRead archive

You have reached the SpeedRead archive. To the right, you can look up all posts from 2008 to July, 2014.If you have come here looking for the SpeedRead website, it has moved to speedread.us

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Big news at Mercedes

The brand new Mercedes team made some news today, settling its dispute with Henkel, after a former company employee signed a sponsorship deal without the company’s approval, as well as agreeing to a deal with Petronas.

What? There was bigger news?

Oh yeah, the team signed some German driver to a three-year contract.

That’s right, heeeeeeeeeee’s baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

International German Motorbike Championship Day 1


Seven-times champion Michael Schumacher has come out of retirement to driver for old boss Ross Brawn.

The 41-year-old will partner with Nico Rosberg, 15 years his junior.

“After three years I have the energy back and I'm ready for some serious stuff,” Schumacher was quoted by the BBC. “I want to have fun out there and I feel as fresh as ever. I've recharged myself after a three-year break. The challenge is what I look for - I want to know it.”

Schumacher, who called off a return last year subbing for the injured Felipe Massa at Ferrari due to a neck injury, the result of a motorcycling accident, says he is fit as a fiddle and ready to go. He credited his return to Mercedes, who gave him his F1 break.

“I got a call from Ross asking me to race again, telling me Mercedes were going to be involved. The only reason I came back was because of old friends at Mercedes. I spent years trying to get into F1 with Mercedes but it wasn't possible before. I hope I'll be judged by what I've done before but Mercedes is a strong partner and I'm thrilled to be back.”

US F1, Campos Meta say they will be on the grid

Newcomers US F1 and Campos Meta found themselves once again defending their commitment to participating in 2010 after comments by Bernie Ecclestone cast doubts on their ability to make it on the grid in March.

“I'm surprised Bernie said that. We will be there. We're in good shape,” US F1’s Peter Windsor told the BBC.


Adrian Campos echoed Windsor’s surprise. “My opinion is Bernie does not have all the information. We are working very hard.”

Ecclestone’s statements appeared in the Times.

Cosworth, supplying engines to both teams, did not express concerns when asked by the BBC.

“There is no indication that operationally there are any issues,” Cosworth commercial director Mark Gallagher said.

Teams scupper combined launch plans

The Formula 1 teams have shelved a plan to launch on the same day
, due to concerns about the ability of several teams to meet the Luca date and over press coverage, but will revisit the idea for 2011. Don't miss the top stories of the day, subscribe to the SpeedRead Web newspaper now! -- Email SpeedRead -- Learn more about author C.D. Six

Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Original content copyright © 2008-2014 C.D. Six. All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use original content or images without the author's permission.