Welcome to the SpeedRead archive

You have reached the SpeedRead archive. To the right, you can look up all posts from 2008 to July, 2014.If you have come here looking for the SpeedRead website, it has moved to speedread.us

Friday, November 5, 2010

The quotable F1: An inconvenient truth

YEONGAM GUN, SOUTH KOREA - OCTOBER 23: Pole sitter Sebastian Vettel (R) of Germany and Red Bull Racing celebrates in parc ferme with second placed Mark Webber (L) of Australia and Red Bull Racing following qualifying for the Korean Formula One Grand Prix at the Korea International Circuit on October 23, 2010 in Yeongam-gun, South Korea. (Photo by Mark Thompson/Getty Images)


Mark Webber on Sebastian Vettel
"I think I wasn't supposed to be in the hunt at all, so it's been maybe quite inconvenient, but I've enjoyed every minute of it."


Webber on whether Red Bull favors his teammate:

"Fucking obvious, isn't it? Of course. When young, new charges come on to the block that's where the emotion is. That's the way it is. That is absolutely fine because I have had a great opportunity with a great car to do some great things this year. I've got favourites in life. Favourite people I like to be with. That is human nature."


Webber on whether Vettel should support his title run:

"If it hasn't happened by now, it's never going to happen. Nothing has changed between Seb and I over the last five or six races. The only thing different is that Fernando [Alonso, of Ferrari] is leading [the drivers' championship]. We're in different parts of our career as well so it's not as easy as some people might imagine. Obviously Seb has never led this year and I have. We'll see on the Monday after Abu Dhabi if we have taken the right approach."


Sebastian Vettel on Mark Webber

"If Mark needs help then he should take the medical car."


Vettel on whether he is favored in the Red Bull team:

"No. Obviously a lot of things have been said or written. Everyone has his own opinion, but for me we both have the same chance every weekend to do well. The team supplies us with a very good car and that's ultimately the situation that you want to be in, having a car where you can win races and fight for podiums. Mark has been in Formula One much longer than I, but I remember my time three years ago, I was dreaming of being a guy able to finish on the podium, able to win races. I'm enjoying a lot what I'm doing and I'm very proud and happy to be in the position I am now, and happy to be in a team like I am."

"I think I've had lots of ups and downs this year, but if something has broken then it has tended to break on my car," Vettel said. "But do I think there is any conspiracy in the air? No, it's the last thing I think about. I always approach things by thinking there is a reason something has happened... I am who I am and I always say what I think. Sometimes I might hold back on my opinion because I think it's the smarter way. But I'm the last guy to cause conflict when it's not necessary."
Somewhere, Fernando Alonso must be enjoying this...

Quotes via The Guardian
Don't miss the top stories of the day, subscribe to the SpeedRead Web newspaper now! -- Email SpeedRead -- Learn more about author C.D. Six

Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Original content copyright © 2008-2014 C.D. Six. All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use original content or images without the author's permission.